Upcoming events at the Patricelli Center (12/7, 12/8, 12/15-12/17)

Hi from the Patricelli Center,

I want to get the word out about a few things. Please take a minute to read and click the links below, and please share with your friends/collaborators/groups/networks on campus.

#1

On Monday (12/7), a group of colleagues from Yale will be coming to campus to meet with Wesleyan students. Sign up for a slot here.

I highly recommend this for anyone involved with an entrepreneurial project, program, or venture — including innovative on-campus groups. Come prepared to talk about (a.k.a. pitch) your project, answer questions, and get feedback.

#2

On Tuesday (12/8), Shereem Herdon-Brown ’96 will be on campus to give a 6pm workshop on career planning, and he will offer meetings in the afternoon. More details and signup here.

I recommend this not only for entrepreneurs, but also for those interested in career planning, grad school, and general networking practice. Come prepared to talk about (a.k.a. pitch) your project and/or seek advice about your personal or professional aspirations.

#3

On 1/24, applications are due for the $5k PCSE Seed Grants and the $10k Davis Projects for Peace grant. More details here.

Both grants provide a tremendous opportunity for students who are creating, leading, or otherwise involved with a social impact project, program, or venture. If you have an idea that you think might possibly qualify, let’s talk! I’ll have official info sessions on 12/15, 12/16, and 12/17 at noon in Allbritton 022, or you can schedule a meeting here.

I know you are all very busy, but I hope you will consider taking advantage of these opportunities and share them with other students. If you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks,

Makaela

Makaela (Steinberg) Kingsley ’98

Director, Patricelli Center for Social Entrepreneurship

SCHEDULE a meeting with a Patricelli Center advisor

ATTEND a Patricelli Center workshop