As you begin making your summer plans, please remember all residential units (including program houses) must be vacated and keys turned in by Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 1 p.m.
• Only graduating seniors and students who have been pre-approved by the Office of Residential Life can remain in their rooms after Saturday, May 16, 2015 at 1 p.m. University students who have not been pre-approved or guests of pre-approved students are not permitted in University residences after this date.
• Students living in wood frame houses and apartments that are not graduating or pre-approved to stay for Reunion and Commencement Week must move out of their residence and have their keys turned into Residence Life on May 16th by 1 p.m.
• Students who fail to check out of their rooms will incur a late check-out fine of $200.00, and may also incur additional per diem charges until they vacate their rooms. The fee will be charged for any time after 1 p.m. There is no longer the flexibility of a grace period since the time was moved later.
• It is important that students vacate their residences on time so Physical Plant staff can start repairing and cleaning the Reunion and Commencement residences (Bennet, Clark, and Hewitt) and rooms can be cleaned and repaired for students that have to transition to other rooms. We transition over 200 students working for Reunion and Commencement/Summer Housing participants and it is important that people leave on time so we can prepare these rooms.
Reunion and Commencement Week
If you need housing beyond Saturday, May 16, 2015 for one of the reasons below*, please read this section thoroughly:
• Summer Classes
• University Summer Housing
• Reunion and Commencement Employment
*Students working on research who are not living on-campus for the summer are not eligible for housing during Reunion and Commencement week.
Students who need to stay for Reunion and Commencement week and are not working for University Relations, need to complete a Transition Housing application by Friday, April 24, 2015 at 4:30 p.m. Please note that applying for an extension does not guarantee the application will be approved. Only extenuating circumstances will be considered and students will be notified via email the week of May 4, 2015. Housing extensions will not be granted for academic extensions after the closing deadline.
Students living in Bennet Hall, Clark Hall, Hewitt and Program Houses will be required to relocate if approved to stay beyond May 16th. For more information about transition housing, please visit our website at http://www.wesleyan.edu/reslife/summer_housing/transition_housing.html.
Graduating seniors, including those living in Program Houses are automatically approved to stay in their current housing assignment until 4:30 p.m. on Monday, May 25, 2015 and do not have to submit an application. When they move out, they must remove all their items from their residence and turn their keys into ResLife in North College.
All students who work for Reunion and Commencement week need to move out of their residence (all items removed from residence, keys turned into ResLife in North College) by 4:30 p.m. on May 25, 2015.
Students who are transitioning to University summer housing or Summer Session housing will move to their new assignment on Tuesday, May 26, 2015 after 4 p.m.
For a list of local storage providers, please visit the following website: http://www.wesleyan.edu/physicalplant/student-storage.html.
University Summer Housing
On-campus summer housing will be located in Bennet Hall (fraternities and societies are not consider University summer housing) and is available between Tuesday, May 26, 2015 and ends Saturday, September 5, 2015. Summer housing is available for Wesleyan undergraduate students that meet the following criteria:
• Summer Classes
• University employment
• International Student
Seniors who have graduated and people not matriculated at Wesleyan are not eligible for summer housing.
The daily rate for summer housing is:
Double-occupancy air-conditioned room: $24.00/day
Single-occupancy air-conditioned room*: $30.00/day
*We have a very limited number of single-occupancy rooms and if you indicate interest in a single-occupancy room we cannot guarantee your request will be honored.
Students must register for a minimum of 2 weeks. Students who break their contract at any point after Friday, May 8, 2015 will be charged a $150 contract breakage fee.
Applications for summer housing are currently available on our website: http://www.wesleyan.edu/reslife/summer_housing/University_summer_housing.html
The priority deadline for summer housing applications is Friday, April 24, 2015 and applications are accepted on a rolling basis until July 31 2015 if space is available. Students will be notified of their summer assignment the week of May 8th.
Students who choose to not live in University summer housing will not be able to move back to campus before Saturday, September 5, 2015. Storage items also cannot be delivered to residences prior to Saturday, September 5, 2015.
If you have any questions, please contact Residential Life by phone at 860-685-3550 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.